5 Things You Might Not Know About Steve-O
- He was born and spent his early years in London, England – His father was American and his mother Canadian, giving the guy 3 nationalities but he was born and spent a large part of his childhood in London. He left for America at age 4 but returned to England aged 9. He attended the American School in London back in those days.
- He started drinking at the age of 2 and first got properly wasted at the mighty old age of 4! – This info comes from Steve-O’s sister who he seems to have a great relationship with to the present day. Evidence of this pre-teen drunkenness is backed up by the family photo albums.
Steve-O started early
- He attended clown college and afterwards found work at the circus as a day job before finding fame on Jackass – Around 1997 he attended and graduated from the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Clown College. His sister recommended it to him on account of it being the one place not charging tuition fees. He wasn’t immediately chosen as a clown, he went off and found performance work on a cruise ship before then taking up a position in the circus as a ‘day job’ whilst he continued to film his crazy stunts in his own time. It was during this time that he learnt to perfect his unique tricks that he still uses in his stand up shows today. He was athletic and also a decent skateboarder. There was hard work, thought and a fair degree of talent behind the pre-jackass Steve-O madness.
At clown college
- He had to be sectioned after running in to trouble with his hefty alcohol and drug problem – Knoxville and co feared for his life after Steve-O sent some alarming emails at a low point. They held an intervention for him and for a short while he was placed on psychiatric hold where he encountered a guy brake dancing in his own shit in the hallway on his ward..oh boy.
- He somehow now looks younger than he did 20 years ago with a nice new set of teeth. He has recently appeared on The Joe Rogan Experience and states that he is now clean and sober and looks to be loving life. He looks great for his age and keeps in shape with his ongoing stand up shows. All in all he seems to be a good advert to show the important benefits of doing what you want to do with your life in your own way.